So the time has finally come to give you all a review and report on the beauty boxes I’ve tried this month. As you probably know there are lots of subscription boxes out there, so I wanted to compare four that are roughly around the same price point. The boxes below are the most well-known on the market and for obvious reason! I’ve never tried any boxes before as the thought of trying beauty that I hadn’t researched or been recommended filled me with a little bit of fear. However, after giving the below a try – I think I’m a beauty box convert!
Make a cup of tea, sit back and have a little look at how I got on.
Starting with my least favourite…
4. Birchbox RRP £10.00 per month
+Beautiful packaging, prompt delivery and I got a £5 off voucher on my first order
+ Lovely, diverse range of samples including:
- Eyeko Eyeliner (smaller size) for those of you haven’t tried it – do! Super sleek and easy to use.
- Little lip tint
- Native Unearthed Natural Deodorant – loved this as it isn’t something I’d usually try. It kept me completely protected throughout the day and so nice knowing my deodorant isn’t doing me any harm
- Greenfrog Botanic Bodywash Geranium and Peppermint – I loved that it contained Ayurvedic herbs and had no horrible Sulphates. Didn’t love the smell however, geranium just isn’t for me!
- Marcelle cosmetics 8-in-1 Power Serum – super hydrating and my skin looked amazing. Top tip, do not apply before make up though especially if you have oily skin! I was definitely getting shinier by the hour as the day progressed.
Perfect for those who are looking for an eclectic mix of smaller sized samples – perhaps if they travel and are keen to experience new things
The sample sizes were probably a little too small for me. If I’m trialling something I like to do it for a minimum of 3 days which I would be unable to do with most of these products however I did enjoy the range of products.
3. Glossybox RRP £10.00 per month
(Discount if you subscribe for more than a month at once!)
+Beautiful packaging, definitely the most girly. I love how the theme changes each month!
+ Great range of products – include face, body, make-up and even tea!
+Huge amount of products for your money and really decent sizes including:
- Boots Sheet Face Mask Charcoal and Willow – long lasting results? Not so much! However I would definitely purchase this again and pop it on before a wedding or an all day event where I need my skin to feel smooth and hydrated throughout.
- Trifle Cosmetics Praline Palette
- Just For Feet – Jelly Foot Soak – this super fun foot soak turns to a purple jelly and feels gently hydrating. More gimmicky than a hard working product but if I was having a spa day for a little one, I would buy it for it’s fun factor.
- Maria Nila True Soft Shampoo and Conditioner
- Kueshi Double Effect Make Up Remover– I couldn’t believe the price of this when I researched it. It’s so gentle and removes heavy eye make up in seconds. Apply to cotton wool, hold on to the eye and then sweep away. Absolute magic! This product is supposedly for the full face but I prefer to use a different cleanser. A total keeper.
- Wearetea – A Good Nights Sleep
I loved this beauty box. The packaging was stunning, samples were a great size and it was mostly brands I’d never heard of.
Perfectfor a skincare addict that wants to test product lines that are new on the scene!
2. Look Fantastic Beauty Box RRP £15.00 per month
+ Gorgeous packaging, included an Elle magazine. Great website and delivery service.
+ Well known brands in great sample sizes including:
- Madara – Hydramask – Organic, gentle and hydrating. Skin felt noticeably calmer and more hydrated after 20 mins. My skin must’ve been so dehydrated though as it completely disappeared. Oops!
- Studio Ten Eye Shimmer
- Elemis Superfood Facial Wash– My skin felt squeaky clean but not stripped of its natural oils which is my perfect combination for a cleanser. If you have sensitive skin, give it a try!
- Real Chemistry- Environmental Rescue Essential Day Cream
- Rituals – The Ritual of Dao Body Cream – Earthy with a gentle floral fragrance. Lovely light body cream which is perfect for the morning as it’s easily absorbed.
- Christophe Robin – Cleansing Volumising Paste
- Vita Liberata – Self Tanning Gradual Lotion- A natural, organic and Irish brand. That does make me slightly more biased but regardless, I love this product. Non-streaky, beautiful natural tan. Only improvement I would make is to have a little more of an aroma.
I adored this box.
Perfect forthose who want to try well known brands. A lot of the time there is a reason why these brands are famous but because of this, they can be pricey. This box helps you figure out if you’d like to make the investment or not as well as showcasing some new products on the scene. Also the added extra of the magazine was a really nice surprise.
1.Latest in Beauty RRP £9:00-£18.00 per month (Depending on how many products you would like!)
+ Ability to choose the products you’d like to receive from a huge selection of products
+ Included two full size products and then four lovely samples.
+Great value for money.
- St. Tropez Bronzing Face Sheet Mask– I was quite apprehensive about using this however the glow I got after leaving it on for 5 minutes was remarkable. Loved the glow and the natural colour, I will definitely be repurchasing in the winter months. Next time I’ll try it for 10 minutes!
- Amie Morning Clear Purifying Facial Wash and Amie Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturiser
- Thisworks – Sleep Plus Trouble Shooter– an intensely hydrating oil that claims to heal and help you sleep. Spritz on the body onto dry areas, ageing areas or pigmentation. This worked wonders on my eczema and I love the sleepy aroma.
- Dr.Organic Sleep Therapy Body oil and Dr.Organic Dead Sea Mineral Face Wash – These products arrived full sized which made me so excited!!! I’m looking forward to trialling these for at least a week, more details to follow.
After a long, veryyyyy hard deliberation process of trying lots of lovely products, I’ve chosen this as my favourite. The packaging and website leaves a lot to be desired but the products were a great size and I really enjoyed being able to choose what I would like to try. For this box to keep my interest however, I will need to see a change in my options each month so please stay tuned!
Perfect forthe closet control freak who enjoys trying a variation of products but likes a bit more say so!
As I mentioned, this was my first experiment with subscription boxes and I was pleasantly surprised. Honestly, I would be happy to receive any or ideally ALL of these as gifts. Please comment if you would like me to do a similar compare and contrast for high end beauty boxes. I’m more than happy to act as your guinea pig!
Thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts and if you decide to subscribe to any boxes!
Lots of love,